Ideal Dogs of Australia
Teach your dog to be a well-behaved and respectable member of the community, and learn about responsible dog ownership.
The Ideal Dogs of Australia Course allows you and your dog to work in a relaxed environment and sets you up for success.
Class times: 10:30 - 11:15 Saturdays
- Ongoing assessment of sound temperament to people and other dogs
- Introduction to vet examination
- Coming when called
- Walking on a lead in a controlled manner and doing sit, stand and drop
- Greeting another dog appropriately
- Staying in one position for a short time
- Being briefly separated from the handler and remaining calm
- Responding to the handler when distractions are present e.g. cyclists
- Moving through a "crowd" on lead
- Walking through a gate way
Dogs who pass this accredited course may be eligible for a reduced council registration fee.
Handlers and puppies who have successfully completed The Kintala Puppy school may be invited to commence training in the Kintala club classes, which incorporate the Ideal Dogs of Australia (IDA) course.
Those who wish to do the IDA course and have completed training outside the club should attend with their dog for an assessment prior to joining the club.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange times for your introduction sessions.